The AfroChampions Initiative is an official knowledge partner of the Africa 2018 Business Forum. Organised by COMESA RIA and the Ministry of Investment and International Cooperation of Egypt, the Africa 2018 Forum is a must-attend event for anyone doing business in Africa and for Africa watchers wanting to get insights from some of the foremost experts on the continent. Now in its third year, the Forum will convene more than 10 Heads of State and 1,500 business leaders in Charm El Sheikh order to drive new investments, develop new business alliances and instigate new trade opportunities.
On December 8th afternoon at 3.45 pm, the AfroChampions Initiative will be hosting a special panel on “Investment Facilitation on the upcoming African Continental Free Trade Area”. With the objective to identify 5 key priority measures for implementation to improve investment facilitation in Africa, we will bring together viewpoints from representatives from the finance sector, productive sectors – manufacturing and agroprocessing – and regional economic communities. Proposed speakers include:
- Viewpoint from banks operating across borders: Mr Idrissa Nassa, Chairman, Coris Bank International**
- Viewpoint from companies keen to expand over Africa: Dr Amani Asfour, President, Egyptian Woman Business Association and Vice Chairwoman, COMESA Business Council
- Viewpoint from financing institutions and investors : Mr Paulo Gomes, Founder of PG and Partners, former Executive director at World Bank
- Viewpoint from financial institution at macro-level: Mr. Ibrahim Sagna, Advisory and Capital Markets, Afreximbank
- View point from policy analysts: Mr Michael Kottoh, Chief Strategist AfroChampions Initiative
**subject to final confirmation.
We look forward to meeting you soon in Charm El Sheikh for a productive discussion!