The AfroChampions Club is a prestigious grouping of leading home-grown African multinational companies and CEOs who have come together to provide private sector leadership for Africa’s integration and transformation. The AfroChampions Club is chaired by Mr. Aliko Dangote, Founder and CEO of the Dangote Group, and its inaugural meeting took place in Lagos in October 2017.
Through public-private dialogues and partnerships, the Club seeks to work with African governments to support policies and public-sector innovations that drive African economic integration, regional economic clusters and regional value chains. The Club will also pioneer the AfroChampions Charter, a set of corporate and investment best practice principles to benchmark and guide how African multinationals and companies can champion African transformation and integration in ways that positively impact communities and people.
Following the Club Council’s Inaugural Meeting on January 29 208, key recognized business figures from all over the continent have been appointed as Vice-Chairs of the Club:
– Mr Jean-Louis Billon, Ivory Coast, Chairman of SICFA (Western Africa)
– Dr Paul Fokam, Cameroon, Chairman and CEO, Afriland First Group (Central Africa)
– Mr Ali Mufuruki, Tanzania, Chairman and CEO, Infotech Investments (Eastern Africa)
– Mr Naguib Sawiris, Egypt, Chairman of ORASCOM (North Africa)
– Mrs Nonkululeko Nyembezi-Heita, South Africa CEO of the Dutch mining group, IchorCoal N.V. and chair of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (Southern Africa)